Apple’s iOS 16.3 update is now available, and it brings new features, bug fixes, and security updates to your iPhone. The update was released alongside other Apple software updates as well, such as iPadOS, Safari, and previous versions of iOS. The latest iOS update arrives about a month after the release.
Here are the new features on your iPhone running iOS 16.3.
HomePod 2nd generation support
It will support Apple iOS 16.3 software, which is due out on February 3 for $299 (£299, AU$479). Apple announced the new HomePod four days before the latest iOS software became available.
New unit wallpaper for Black History Month
The latest iOS update includes a new wallpaper for the iPhone as part of Apple’s Black Unity Collection. The collection celebrates Black History Month with a special edition Apple Watch Black Unity Sport Loop, a mosaic watch face and new iPhone wallpaper. Apple also plans to release a selection of Black History Month content for Apple TV, Fitness Plus, music, maps, books, podcasts, and the App Store as part of the collection.
New ways to use emergency SOS via satellite
Emergency SOS was presented via satellite at. In iOS 16.3, the Contact with waiting The option has been replaced with Connect with hold and release. If you enable Connect with hold and release-You can press the side button and the volume button to start the countdown and alarm. After the countdown, you release the buttons and your iPhone will call emergency services on its own. before b Contact with waiting, pressing the side button and the volume button first will bring up the emergency SOS call slider. If you keep pressing the buttons, the countdown will start and the alarm will go off. After the countdown ends, your phone will make an emergency call.
There is also an option for Call quietly In emergency SOS. With this option enabled, when you try to make an emergency SOS call, your phone will not start blinking or beeping.
Security keys come to your Apple ID
Users can now use third-party security keys instead of two-factor authentication for their Apple ID.
Security keys are very similar to your house keys. You still use passwords, but this extra layer of security can help protect you from phishing scams and hackers.
“Hardware security keys are very, very secure,” said Dia Joli, Chief Product Officer of Authentication Services Okta..
Apple Security Keys only works with FIDO Alliance certified security keys.
Below is a list of the new features and changes that are included in iOS 16.3.
- Unity’s new wallpaper honors black history and culture in celebration of Black History Month.
- Apple ID Security Keys allow users to increase the security of their account by requiring a physical security key as part of the two-factor authentication sign-in process on new devices.
- HomePod (2nd generation) support.
- Emergency SOS calls now require the side button to be pressed together with the volume up or down button and then released to prevent accidental emergency calls.
- Fixes an issue in freeform where some drawing strokes created with Apple Pencil might not appear or your finger might not appear on shared canvases.
- Addresses an issue where the background may appear black on the lock screen.
- Fixes an issue where horizontal lines appear temporarily while waking the iPhone 14 Pro Max.
- Fixes an issue where the Home Lock Screen widget does not accurately display the status of the Home app.
- Addresses an issue where Siri may not respond correctly to music requests
- Resolves issues that may cause Siri requests in CarPlay to be misunderstood.
For more iOS 16 news, check out what’s new atAnd . Here’s how you can also.
#iOS #features #iPhone